CAUSES AND REMEDIES FOR CHAPPED LIPS:
Chapped or dry lips will feel you uncomfortable. Soft and shinny lips will show you beautiful. You can’t handle your face and lip in the same way, because both need special attention in different way to look beautiful. Common symptoms of chapped lips are dryness, redness, cracking, flaking, and tender or sore lips.
Here we gonna see what are the causes and remedies for chapped lips,
- Allergic reaction,
- Vitamin deficiency,
- Over-licking of the lips,
- Harsh weather or exposure to the sun.
There are plenty of commercial products in market, but we need to know how to use and when to use them and mainly what to use!
Here I listed some causes for chapped lips, they have certain reasons behind it,
Let’s check the causes and remedies for chapped lips,
Stay away from allergens or irritants like dyes or fragrances in skin care products or cosmetics. Stay away from foods such as mustard, pepper, orange juice, barbecue sauce, and alcoholic beverages. Check as well whether there are any ingredients in your mouthwash or toothpaste that will cause an allergic reaction.
Eat fresh vegetables and fruits of different colors to get the nutrition essential to your needs, especially vitamins A, B, C, B2 and E, plus iron.
One of the most common causes for dry lips is dehydration. Therefore, drink enough fluids and use a humidifier in your home to moisten the air and prevent dehydration.
4.Over-Licking Of The Lips:
Avoid licking your lips, as saliva dries your lips quickly, leaving your lips drier than before you licked them.
5.Harsh Weather Or Exposure To The Sun:
Put a lubricating lip balm or cream that contains sunscreen on your lips before going outside in the dry, cold weather. Cover your lips with a scarf while you are outside.
It’s really important to stay one step ahead when it comes to lip care. Sometimes, if we don’t treat sour sore lips, or if we treat them in ways that are too harsh, we could suffer from painful infections. By moisturizing regularly, staying hydrated, and stopping moisture from escaping, we can all be on our way to soft, smooth lips.
Choose The Right Lip Balm:
If you’ve ever shopped for lip balm, you’ll know there are lots of different options out there. Before buying a lip care product, take a moment to think about your main concerns.
- If you’re always out in the sun, choose a lip balm with SPF for extra protection; if you feel your dry lips are looking dull and tired; choose a lip balm that’s designed to spark a healthy glow;
- If you’re suffering with chronic dry lips, find a lip balm with added nourishing ingredients like cocoa butter to relieve dryness and restore comfort.
- There’s no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to lip balm.
Read:How to Get Soft and Shiny Skin with Homemade Products-DIY
DIY treatment at home with the available needs, everything is available at home, lets see what to use to cure this chapped lips!
- Coconut oil
- Aloe Vera gel
- Rose water + honey
- Sugar + olive oil
You can prefer any one of the above, but apply regularly at least thrice a day to see good results.
Other than comedic products these will admire you by the way you utilize them. More than that these remedies have no side effects.
Tips For Preventing Chapped Lips:
- Protect Your Lips: It’s important to try to take measures to evade common dry lips causes. In the winter and summer, make sure you seal in moisture with a layer of petroleum jelly on your lips. Central heating and air conditioners, as well as the weather conditions of each season, can dry out the skin. Also, wear a scarf over your mouth in very cold weather.
- Do not peel the dead skin off your lips, but instead clean it with a cotton ball that has been soaked in warm water or with a soft bristled toothbrush.
- Breathe through your nose, as breathing through your mouth can make your lips dry out.
- Using matte lipsticks or long-wearing lip paints (especially in arid or cold climates).
- Using lip plumpers that contain irritants such as capsicum (pepper), menthol, menthoxy propanediol, ginger, or mint oils, all of which cause irritation.
- Excessive vitamin A intake (above 25,000 IU) from oral
- The anti-acne drug iso-tretinoin (formerly Accutane) is notorious for causing severely dry lips.
- Yeast infections, which must be treated with prescription oral.
Certain changes happen in our body are for a reason, either by climate change or by any deficiency. Always be clear, estimate your body and aware of certain change or issue, then treat them in the way they are!
The advice in this article does not constitute medical advice; it is solely available for information purposes
Stay tuned with gajahealthtips,
Mail me if u has any queries.
I am always here to help you!